Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear Kara

Thankyou so much for letting us stay in your beautiful home.

It's been kind of like a little holiday for us! Angus actually didn't freak out. Although he didn't let me get any sleep. He woke up every two hours to EAT. What a little pig. Lately he has been eating lots at night, and sleeping lots during the day. I'm not sure how to reverse that.

Anyway, we enjoyed lying together, giggling in your feather bed, while Angus slept in his bouncer chair next to us. We watched Ratatouille, which is the CUTEST MOVIE EVER! We were going to rent a movie, but Reo's was closed for renovations. I actually barely made it through half the movie before I passed out. There MAY be some drool on your pillow. But I'm sure it's dried now and you'll never even know.

It's my duty to chastise you for using crappy shampoo and conditioner. BUT ONLY because I can see that you prefer the finer things everywhere else! You have expensive, organic, DELICIOUS coffee that I'm drinking right now, and you have lots of yummy, delicious, organic food, like those bison burgers that we ate all of. I had to restrain Aaron from flinging some of those burgers on the barbecue in the middle of the night.
Anyway, I am a hypocrite because I myself use Pantene. BUT, we also buy dodgy, discount meat from the discount store.
I am happy to see that you DO have some Aveda pomade :)

So today I will be unable to watch endless episodes of "What Not To Wear," because you have no cable, but I am actually excited about that. It's so nice and QUIET! And because I'm so close to downtown, I'm going to take Angus out in the stroller. Hopefully he'll just sleep, and not scream because he's overtired and can't fall asleep when we're out.
This should encourage me to get off my fat butt and try and walk off this extra twenty pounds that WON'T GO AWAY.

Whoever said breastfeeding helps you lose weight LIED. I'm going to be one of those people who carries an extra twenty pounds until I STOP breastfeeding and then it'll vanish. I guess I need the extra weight to feed my enormous baby.

The other great thing about your place is that I can plunk Angus in his Moby Wrap while I wander around and pretend to do laundry. Our apartment is too small for that. I can reach into our fridge from the bathroom in our place, so there is really no point in baby-wearing.

I hope you're having a great trip!

love Barclay

No comments: