Friday, July 17, 2009

Dear Angus,

I am SO proud of you!

Yesterday you had your 2-month shots and you took it like a man. First you charmed the pants off the nurse by smiling and flirting with her. You have that effect on women - they seem to fall in love with you instantly. Please keep it up.

When she poked you in the leg, your eyes got reeeeally HUGE with surprise, and then you cried. It was so heartbreaking to see that look on your face, and it made me cry. But you settled down right away because I was holding you, and then you let out a little sigh and softened in my arms and went right to sleep.

This was after the chat the nurse and I had. She asked me how things are going, and I told her that you are a very high-need baby. I told her how every day is a dance between making sure you're stimulated enough, and then knowing when you've had enough and need help to unwind. When the nurse saw how you relaxed with me right after you got poked, she commented on what a great bond you and I have. She said that it's obvious that you have a lot of trust in me. She told me she could tell that I always respond to your needs right away, which helps to cement that bond.

It felt really good to hear that I'm being a good mom to you, because I was really wondering if I was doing okay. What with all that screaming, I was SURE I was somehow permanently scarring you for life.

This morning you woke up WAY TOO EARLY. But there's no way I could be mad, because when I opened my eyes and looked at you, you beamed at me and waved your arms around with excitement. You were saying, "You're awake FINALLY, I've been waiting for you to wake up, let's plaaaaay!!!"

So, you told me all about your dreams, and I grumbled back at you, and then you jammed both your fists in your mouth and chewed and gurgled and cooed. I wanted to stay in bed at least four more hours, but your diaper smelled soooo bad, and was so water-logged, you were grossing me out and I didn't even want to be near you, so I had to get up and change you.

Then your dad got up and made me coffee. You guys are the best!

Love mom

No comments: