Thursday, July 9, 2009

A whole lot about bum's.

DEAR ANGUS, WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU GO TO SLEEP???

I have a hemhehroid (I know that's not how you spell it, but I know there a lot of H's in weird places.) left over from giving birth, and today it really hurts, probably from all the walking I did. Or from all the sitting on my ass in front of the computer I did. I'm sorry, that's probably too much information. But I know some of you reading this are still pregnant, and have yet to experience the horror that is childbirth. Someone needs to give you the heads up. Don't let anyone fool you, it's not 'thrilling' or 'orgasmic' or even 'wonderful.' It's horrendous, and I swear to God I will never do it again. Maybe one day I will share the details. But I'm still getting over it.

Anyway, I'm being kept awake by my child who will not sleep, and by my butt. Normally Angus and I are passed out cold by now, snuggling and sleeping side by side. NOT TONIGHT! I don't know what got into him, but he is resisting sleep all day, even though he's cranky and worn out and exhausted and needs to go to sleep. I think it's because he is just starting to enjoy his world. Everything is so new and exciting and he can't get enough. You'd think as a baby, you could just drop off to sleep when you're tired. NOPE. There's a lot of jiggling and bouncing and pacing involved, and swaddling and sucking, and then swearing and screaming by the mother (in her head of course, or into a pillow).

I have a few shout-outs to make, because I can't think of anything to write because I'm bone tired and my butt hurts.

To Bonnie: thankyou for planting the seed in my head to start a blog. I didn't realize how easy it was! It's been really therapeutic for me. It helps me to remember to see the humor in life, because I hadn't been for a while, and I was becoming kind of crabby and cynical all the time. Things are looking a lot brighter and funnier now.

To Natasha: thank you so much for making us burgers and letting us use your washer and dryer. If we had put off doing laundry for any longer, we would have had to use the bed sheets as toga's. I'm glad you finally got to see Angus being happy. I think every single time you'd seen him before, he was screaming! I didn't want you to get the wrong impression. Now I think you're the love of his life.

To Blowdryer: thank you for putting my son to sleep. Not only do you dry my hair quickly but you have this amazing ability to shut my kid up. You're truly amazing.

To Mountain Baby: thank you for being a store with amazing baby stuff that I can browse through and never buy because I can't afford it, but more importantly, thank you for having a breast feeding room, and putting the word out there to the breast-feeding mom's in Nelson that they are welcome to come in and use the room. And we don't even have to buy anything! I think that is the coolest thing ever. Especially because the staff bring the breast-feeding mom's cold water. So sweet.

To Lady Who Works At The Post Office: thank you for holding my baby while I was licking stamps and addressing envelopes. I almost left him with you, you did such a good job of serving customers and holding my baby at the same time.

This town is full of nice people!

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, the internet lied. It DID rain. I should have known.

Oh and one more thing... Angus's butt rash finally cleared up, and you know what did it? The Wal-Mart brand diaper rash cream. Parent's Choice. Desitin didn't work, the $40 prescription cream didn't work, and all the myriad other creams, gels and ointments I tried didn't work, but the cheap-o stuff works, go figure. (By the way mom, I still use the butt spackle, because it smells like salad dressing and I like the smell.)

Holy shit I'm tired.

2 comments:

caseeymariee said...

i get hemorrhoids all the time! i got them alot before i even got pregnant, and did not get any after giving birth. only pushed for 10 minutes though.
also, i enjoyed childbirth. i was blessed with an easy one after the worlds most horrifically uncomfortable pregnancy, followed by the worlds angriest baby.

Barclay said...

Well I had a pretty breezy pregnancy, so maybe that's why my labor was AWFUL. At least it was quick though. Although that might have been part of the reason it was so awful.

And I'm glad to hear I 'm not the only one with the world's most pissed off baby!