Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Early Spring Morning on Jubilee Avenue


Angus has started doing this thing where he wakes up every morning at 5:30. It's so frustrating, especially after a night of NO SLEEP (and last night he fell off the bed in the middle of the night -- hey, first time for everything!), but then the sun comes up and I look out the window and my heart swells with hope and renewal. It's -8 degrees still, but -- SUNSHINE!! There's just something about early spring that I LOVE. The appearance of sunlight at 6am after a gloomy, slow, winter of waking up when it's still dark out, fills me with promise and hope of things to come. This family has had it's share of setbacks lately, but the appearance of spring brings the PROMISE of something better. I can't help but feel excited and elated for what's to come, whatever that may be.
The birds have been flying into the windows, which is unfortunate for them, but it's just another sign that spring is springing!

No comments: