Thursday, March 4, 2010

He feeds himself.

I gave him this can of toddler food, (which are little puffs full of preservatives and sodium) because I had run out of things to entertain him with, and he managed to get the lid off and dumped it all over himself. He's not interested in toys. Brightly colored, plastic, beeping playthings? SO not fun. But scissors and a plastic bag? LOADS OF FUN! 
So far today I've let him play with my laptop case, an empty cigarette pack, a twist tie, my shoe, my purse, a sharpie, and a toothpaste tube. All completely unsanitary and unsafe. Whatever, I was supervising him. It's not like I'd ever actually let him SWALLOW a battery. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

My two year old recently cut her own hair- for the third time. Most parents probably would have made sure the sharp stuff was out of reach after the first time. Whatever. My kid will totally kick ass at cutting on the dotted line in kindergarten.

(Better stalking through Dooce...)

Barclay said...

Yeah, apparently you're supposed to lock cabinets and clamp the toilet seat shut and hide the cleaning products out of reach when you have a baby? Didn't anybody realize that some of this baby proofing is also mom-proofing? Better to put your kid on a leash and tie him to the banister instead.

(And you're right, Doocebags are waaaaay more interesting to stalk! Everyone on facebook is old news!