Monday, July 13, 2009

Listen in!

Aaron and I have this ongoing feud about the volume of the television. He is deaf from all the rocking out he does, and all the blasting of the Black Crowes in his truck he did, and I am super-sensitive to noise, which is why it seems so unfair that I have such a LOUD, ANGRY baby. My nerves really can't handle it. I need peace and quiet. My child is not peaceful or quiet.

Have you seen that ad on the T.V. listings for a device that improves your hearing, where a couple are in bed watching T.V., and the woman looks really annoyed, and snaps at her husband, "Would you turn that thing down?" and then the husband looks all annoyed for having to turn the T.V. down. Well that's us, about fifty times a day.

Aaron turns it up because he's deaf, and then I ask him to turn it down. Then when I'm facing away from him he turns it up again. Then I walk past the T.V. and turn it down. Then when I leave the room he turns it up again. Then I come back into the room and ask him to turn it down again. Then when I'm in the bathroom, he sneaks the volume back up a few notches. This just goes on and on and on, endlessly.

I AM GOING TO GET AARON THAT "LISTEN-IN" THING THAT THEY ARE SELLING ON T.V.!!


http://www.listenin.ca/

I love how they encourage blatant eavesdropping on other people's conversations.

1 comment:

Coral Barclay said...

maybe less TV better for everyone