Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer... BAH!


Hello cyber-world. How are you today?

I woke up to the sun shining out of my kids ass, so I am in a GREAT mood! Plus he's wearing these unbelievably cute crocheted booties that my mom got him from Mexico, and he looks so damn cute I could just eat him.

It's going to be stupid hot again today. I put up a bedspread over the window (classy, I know) to keep the sun out, so Angus and I stay locked in our cave every day until the sun goes down.

I HATE SUMMER.
I hate all the brightness, the sunniness, the damn bright sun, I HATE it. I hate all the squinting. I hate all the crawly things, and flying crawly things that bite and suck your blood. I hate all the sweaty, slimy wetness. I hate how since I'm twenty pounds heavier than I used to be, my thighs rub together when I walk, and CHAFE. I hate how I can't dress my kid up in cute clothes because it's too hot to wear anything but a diaper. I want to wear JEANS, and I want to wear BOOTS, and SCARVES, and JACKETS! I want to wear my GLASSES, because it's so fucking bright out I have to wear my contacts so I can wear sunglasses when I go outside.

I'm sorry, but what exactly is so great about summer again??

Maybe I'll like it better next year when Angus is running around and old enough to wear sunscreen, so I can just toss him in a kiddie pool while I sunbathe and drink mojito's. Maybe I'll even be twenty pounds thinner so I won't mind all the clothes-less-ness...

I do like summer evenings however. And this July, we've had thunder and lightening almost every evening, which is pretty neat.



I would like to take a moment to talk about why I love my husband-to-be....

So last night Angus was fighting sleep with every ounce of energy in his little body. I think I actually missed the opportunity to put him to bed, and so he caught his second wind, and then would NOT go to sleep. He was so overtired he was actually moaning. I don't understand it. When I'M tired, I curl up in the fetal position and swaddle myself, and I go right to sleep. WHY is it so hard for him?

Anyway, as a last resort, we plunked him in the stroller and took him for a stroll around the back of the college. He passed out almost instantly. It felt good walking, with my lover, at night. Until he started asking me if I was scared of what's in the woods. And I said, well I'm sure we'll HEAR something, if there IS something,and besides, I only have to outrun you, or the baby... and then he said, well if it's a cougar, you won't hear it, it could be slinking alongside us RIGHT NOW and you'd never know it..

After I shit my pants, Aaron pulled a BEER and a CIGARETTE out of his back pocket! Like a freakin magician! So we snuggled outside in the dark behind the college while our baby slept and cougars prowled, and skunks stunk, bears lumbered, and mosquito's vampired, and rapists raped...

AND THAT IS WHY IS LOVE HIM. Many many years from now, that will be a favorite memory of mine.

No comments: