Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Well I've probably lost a lot of readers now since I haven't updated in a month. But, we have been busy, travelling all over BC and then flying across the country to Nova Scotia.


This morning I was awake early because Angus was wide awake and thrashing around in the bed beside me. I draped him over my hip to see if he needed to burp, which he did, then let out the squirtiest, noisiest, stinkiest poop, and then grinned at me. I just couldn't ignore him anymore. But there's no better time to write than in the morning, when the house is quiet. (I got Angus back to sleep, but not myself.)



There are seven of us crammed into a house that's under renovation. The other house, which Aaron and Angus and I will move into upstairs, and gramma and grampy will move into downstairs, is also under renovations. The house we are in now used to be Aaron's grandma's house, and his sister and her boyfriend will live in the downstairs and the upstairs is being made into an apartment to be rented out. (whew!) So for now, the seven of us are dancing around each other trying to stay out of everyone's way. I'd say it's working out pretty well actually. Nobody has chewed anyone's head off yet, and everyone seems to be taking their turn for making dinner and cleaning up.

(I wrote the above post four days ago, and now I'm returning to attempt to finish it.)

*groooooooooan* Another sleepless night due to my greedy Gus being attached to the boob all night. There's something about the noise of Angus suckling that drives Aaron up the wall... so I was lying awake, frustrated, with my cling-on firmly attached, unable to get comfortable, when I heard a fist thunk into a pillow, and then a muffled, "FUUUUUCK!" followed by a groan, and then, "I hate babies."
(Of course he didn't mean it, he loves babies, but Angus has been an absolute little shit at nighttime since we moved.)

So we're both up at an ongodly hour, after ANOTHER sleepless night. Once we get moved into our new place, Angus is going in a CRIB, in a ROOM, with the door locked, and mommy and daddy will have ear plugs in so we can get some SLEEP.

I want to share a few things about Nova Scotia that I didn't know before, but I know now.

One. People are UNBELIEVABLY friendly here. I mean, I knew that before, East Coasters have a glowing reputation for being friendly, but to actually experience it is something else. Their friendliness almost borders on irritatingly invasive sometimes. I've learned to not make eye contact if I'm not in the mood for chit chat.
And the friendliness goes further... the drivers here are so COURTEOUS! A big difference from Nelson's stoned hippies appearing out of nowhere and plodding across the street, and ignorant yuppies who pull out without looking. Here, people stop and let you go through... even if YOU'RE the one with the stop sign, and they have the right of way. Unbelievable.

Two. The weather is strange. The sun is blistering hot, but as soon as that Atlantic wind starts blowing, you're teeth are chattering. I'm forever stripping off clothes, and swearing under my breath as I put them back on five minutes later.

Three. The houses here are all very big and very old and have at least two stories. People seem to take care of their houses.

Four. The skies. ENDLESS, beautiful, glorious skies, and stunning sunsets.

Five. The house we are living in has a graveyard on one side, and a tank on the other side. So don't be messing with us, or you'll have the un-dead after your ass in a TANK!

That is all. I will try to remain more consistent from now on, that is if I haven't completely lost all my readers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi : ) I am very happy for you ! Nova Scotia eh ? cool ! yes I am with you I think Nelson takes the cake for snobby people. Man thats so cool you are way out there. Maybe one day you guys will be able to buy property ! if you have not already ; )
i am glad to here thing are going good. Wyatt says hello to angus. He just started crawling and boogies every where.
my the sun shine on : )
xoxo your college classmate and friend, Trisha.

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading it!! I did check a couple of times to see if you had written anything else...

The more I read, the less I want babies...

Angela
xx